Friday, February 4, 2022

Two Waiting Binding

      After spending time last week with granddaughters, I finally got busy quilting on a comfort quilt for my church quilt group. MaryAnn pieced the Ground Cover blocks using a Missouri Star tutorial. The top was assembled by Kathy and Joan. I quilted it with large FM swirls. MaryAnn will bind for a real group effort. 

     I still felt like quilting so sandwiched my “Butterfly Garden” top and started quilting. First I stitched in the ditch around each object and then quilted some details on the flowers and butterflies.

  

I simply quilted a large meander in the background so it will still be fluffy and soft for a baby. I used Soft and Minky Dots for backing. 

 I am planning on a medium blue for binding. I am thrilled that I pulled the orphan blocks to just start this project.

Check out more projects at Alycia's Finished (or Not) Friday.

Stay safe and healthy while enjoying some time sewing and quilting.



3 comments:

  1. Your quilt is wonderful and springy! I'm sure you'll get it bound in a flash!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great group effort on your comfort quilt! It will be a blessing! And love your butterflies!!! Minkee back--so nice!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the group effort quilt!!
    your spring quilt is so Happy!! I LOVE butterflies - these are SO pretty!

    ReplyDelete