Monday, February 21, 2022

Mistake – Maybe Not

     I have been using EQ for years to casually design and plan quilts. A few weeks ago I pieced chunky churn dash blocks into a top. Then I decided I wanted to add a border. I used EQ to make a plan; however, I did not pay close attention to the orientation of the quarter square alternate blocks in relation to the other blocks. I cut fabric for all the flying geese units for the border, pieced one and then discovered my mistake. I made a new plan and this is the pieced top now.

I still have all the geese pieces. I will not throw them out but some day I will try to use them for a different project. It was a waste of time and fabric; however, I like the new scrappy border.

Major goals for this year are to:

1. Finish UFOs  
      My “Seeing Stars” is still waiting for quilting, but that will be a priority this week.
2. Decrease stash fabric
      I needed a background fabric and couldn't find anything suitable in my stash. It was such a good price of $4 a yard I bought more than needed.

      Stash fabric used or added:
            this past week- Used: 7 yds Added: 4 yd
       So far this year- Used: 29 yds Added: 5 yd

3. Control and use scrap fabric
     I used some odd pieces and strips for placemats and to finish a doll quilt.

  


4. Make comfort quilts for my church quilt group
       Instead of quilts, this week I focused on placemats. My church group is again making them for Meals on Wheels recipients but this time with a spring theme. I have 6 almost finished. It is much faster to finish them pillowcase style with no binding.

Stay safe and healthy while enjoying some time sewing and quilting.


1 comment:

  1. I think NOT!!! That turned out perfect!! I love your chunky churn dash

    ReplyDelete