Monday, February 28, 2022

Goals and Progress

    Last week was great to get some work in the garden and also in my sewing room. In the house I am enjoying the 2nd bloom on my pastel amaryllis.


Progress on my goals for this year continues:
1.  finish UFOs
I quilted my “Seeing Stars” from 2019 and the binding is sewn to the front. I just need to do the handwork to stitch to the back.
I sandwiched my Chunky Churn Dash so it is ready for quilting.


2.  decrease stash fabric
I used stash fabric for a backing and even though I bought some inexpensive background fabric, I also cut up and pulled lots of fabric scraps to participate in Pat Sloan's March Block A Day.
     Stash fabric used or added:
this past week- Used: 6 yds Added: 3 yd
So far this year- Used: 35 yds Added: 8 yd
3.  control and use scrap fabric
I wanted to sandwich quilts so cleared off my cutting table and cut lots of scraps into units. I did not take a photo of the piles but it felt good to get that done.
4. make charity/comfort quilts for church quilt group
I sandwiched my Old School 2021 BOM and hope to quilt it this week.
I made 12 pocket prayer quilts and delivered them to my pastor Sunday.

Stay safe and healthy while enjoying some time sewing and quilting.

No comments:

Post a Comment