Sunday, March 6, 2022

Goals and Progress

 

   We had beautiful weather last week and it was great to spend several mornings in the yard getting ready for spring.  Then I would come inside and sew a while.

Progress on my goals for this year continue:

  1. finish UFOs

    My “Seeing Stars” from 2019 has binding. This mystery was a little different and an interesting challenge. 


  2. decrease stash fabric

I cut the center rectangles and pulled 2 ½” strips from my stash for Pat Sloan's March block a day challenge. Here are the first 3.  I have a 4th block finished and 2 more started.


 I cut the light blue strips to add to my QOV mystery blocks with Alycia Quilts.
I could not find any fabric in my stash suitable for binding Old School BOM so I bought 1 yard, used half and the rest got added to my stash. It is a useful navy blue tonal so that is good and Old School is totally finished. 
        Stash fabric used or added:
               this past week- Used: 2.5 yds Added: 1 yd
            So far this year- Used: 37 yds Added: 9 y
      3.  control and use scrap fabric

               I pulled blue and green 2 ½” strips for the March block a day challenge.


      4. make charity/comfort quilts for church quilt group
             My Old School 2021 BOM is finished.

      Stay safe and healthy while enjoying some time sewing and quilting.


      No comments:

      Post a Comment