Friday, March 11, 2022

Not Finished but Progress

      I am out of town this week spending some time with granddaughters. Friday they are out of school so it will be a day of baking and craft fun.

     I brought several projects to work on while they are at school. I added some sashing strips for Step 3 of Stop Tossing QOV mystery; however, I did not bring enough fabric to add step 4.


     I have 12 blocks for Pat Sloan's March block a day challenge. (4 more blocks are at home). I am alternating blue and green in the frames around the center rectangle. Twelve blocks will make a lap quilt 48 by 60” so I should be able to piece at least 2 this month. I can also add a border to make them a little larger.


    I pulled my blue and greens trays of scrap units and have pieced a variety of blocks. 

 I don't have a design wall so here is my design floor just getting a feel for setting but not where blocks will end up. Looks like I need 4 more 12” finished blocks for a 4 by 5 setting.

Check out other finishes (or not) and get inspired at Alyciaquilts.blogspot.com

Stay safe and healthy while enjoying some time sewing and quilting.

2 comments:

  1. Stop Tossing is looking good! Your blue and green scrap units will make a great quilt! Good luck baking and crafting with the grands today!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh what fun these all are!! Those Pat Sloan blocks are like rectangle log cabins? ... they look so cool

    ReplyDelete