Monday, March 28, 2022

End of March Progress and Goals

 This week I've been busy with non-quilting sewing projects. Wednesday a member of my church quilt group guided us to use our prepared jellyroll ball and start sewing together our jellyroll rug. I am happy to say it is finished and I do love it.


I am not sure if I will make another. The construction is time consuming ( 14 hours), tedious and not inexpensive ( $38 supplies on sale).

Another sewing project has been Hogwarts outfits for my granddaughter's 18” dolls. So far I have two robes with uniform shirts and ties.



The shirts still need tiny buttons and I plan to make 2 skirts. I used Simplicity pattern S8942 except I fully lined the robes.

    Saturday I finally worked on a quilt project and finished piecing the 48” by 67” Layer Cake Lattice top which is a free (and easy) pattern from Fat Quarter Shop.  The pattern does not call for a border; however, one easily added would make the quilt larger if needed. 


Progress on my goals for this year continue:
1.  finish UFOs
No UFO progress.
2.  decrease stash fabric
Stash fabric used or added:
this past week-  Used: 1.5 yds Added: 0 yd
So far this year- Used: 44.5 yds Added: 9 yd
3.  control and use scrap fabric
No progress
4. make charity/comfort quilts
Finished the Layer Cake Lattice quilt top.

It is the start of gardening season here; however, I plan to make time for some quilting.

Stay safe and healthy while enjoying some time sewing and quilting.

1 comment: