Monday, March 21, 2022

Happy Quilting Month

     I hope you are enjoying Quilting Month and that you did something special for World Quilting Day. Pat Sloan showed the free pattern from Fat Quarter Shop “Layer Cake Lattice” and I chose to work on it also. I already had a few leftover layer cake squares I planned to use and then pulled from my stash. I found it easy to use 4 ½” strips in my scrap user stash. By Sunday afternoon I had 35 blocks pieced. Here is my layout. Monday morning Pat Sloan shared a neat offset layout but I don't have enough background fabric to do that this time. The blocks were easy sewing for a quick charity quilt.


    Now is the time to sign up to participate in this Hands2Help.  This year it is hosted by the Academic Quilter.  Hope you will join in.

     I spent many hours 2 days sewing to prepare my ball to make a jelly roll rug.  This is my first and the first part took longer than I expected.  A member of my church quilt group will help us Wednesday get started sewing the rug.

 


Progress on my goals for this year continue:
1  finish UFOs
No UFO progress.
2.  decrease stash fabric
Stash fabric used or added:
this past week- Used: 5 yds Added: 0 yd
So far this year- Used: 43 yds Added: 9 yd
3.  control and use scrap fabric
I used 4 1/2” strips and cut a few more for the Layer Cake Lattice.
4. make charity/comfort quilts
I added the borders to finish my QOV mystery “Stop Tossing” from Alyciaquilts.blogspot.com .  It will be donated to my guild QOV group to quilt and present.

Stay safe and healthy while enjoying some time sewing and quilting.


2 comments:

  1. Layer Cake Lattice looks really cool!
    and your Stop Tossing is wonderful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your layer cake lattice quilt!! I made that pattern, too, several years ago. I look forward to your jelly roll rug! Nice job on stop tossing, too!!!

    ReplyDelete