Monday, March 14, 2022

Goals and Progress

      Most of the week was spent away from my home sewing room; however, I did have sewing time. Following is what I accomplished.

Progress on my goals for this year continue:
1.  finish UFOs
No UFO progress. A quilt top is sandwiched and still waiting for quilting.
2.  decrease stash fabric
I cut up more 2 ½” strips from my stash for Pat Sloan's March block a day challenge and have 16 blocks done. Sew together they finish at 48 by 60” which is a good lap quilt size. This will wait until I decide where it will be donated and see if I want to add a border. 
Stash fabric used or added:
this past week- Used: 1 yds Added: 0 yd
So far this year- Used: 38 yds Added: 9 yd 
3.  control and use scrap fabric
I spent one morning ironing scraps and cutting them into units for scrap quilts.
4. make charity/comfort quilts
I sewed step 3 of Alycia's QOV mystery but did not have the fabric with me to sew step 4.
I sewed 16 of Pat's string bean blocks together for a lap size top. I think I will stop the March block a day challenge here and work on UFOs.

I pieced a few more blue and green scrap blocks and planned the layout for them. There are 20 blocks for a 48 by 60" top and will probably get a simple border.


Stay safe and healthy while enjoying some time sewing and quilting.

No comments:

Post a Comment