Monday, April 4, 2022

April Goals and Progress

       Spring is here in South Carolina and my garden is taking shape. However, the beginning of gardening season has definitely interfered with my quilting time. Since most of the planting is done, now I plan to spend more time quilting. I was in the mood to sew a little project and made a few quick Easter ornaments.


Progress on my goals for this year continue:
1.  finish UFOs
I spent a couple of afternoons stitching in the ditch on my Chunky Churn Dash quilt and I am still deciding what FM motif to quilt in blocks.

 My search in my stash for another border has been unsuccessful so I finally bought a piece on sale.

2.  decrease stash fabric
Sales are tempting but so far I have resisted. I only bought border fabric to move a UFO along when I couldn't find anything in my stash that suited. 
Stash fabric used or added:
this past week-     Used: 1 yd       Added: 1.5 yd
So far this year- Used: 45.5 yds Added: 10.5 yd
3.  control and use scrap fabric
I used a couple of orphan panel blocks to make quick placemats. They still need a little more quilting.

4. make charity/comfort quilts
The placemats will be added to the pile for Meals on Wheels recipients. I'm sure someone who loves animals will enjoy them.

Hope your spring is off to a wonderful start.
Stay safe and healthy while enjoying some time sewing and quilting.


No comments:

Post a Comment