Monday, April 18, 2022

A Little Progress

     I enjoyed a great Holy Week with family.  Hope you did also. I am excited this week that my church quilt group will be able to meet in our newly renovated room. Tomorrow I will help move fabric back into cabinets and Wednesday we will have a regular sew day. It will be good to have the large tables to sandwich quilts; but especially to share ideas with others and see what they are working on.

Progress on my goals for this year continue:

1.  finish UFOs

I made progress on the made-fabric hexagon UFO border. I cut all the jellyroll strips into 5 different lengths and stitched narrow accent pieces to each.  I got half sewn into a long chain which I will sub-cut and piece into units.


2.  decrease stash fabric

    Stash fabric used or added:

    this past week- Used: 0 yds Added: 0 yds

    So far this year- Used: 50 yds Added: 10.5 yd

3. control and use scrap fabric

    no progress

4. make charity/comfort quilts

I did machine blanket stitch on all 20 fan blocks. Next, I need to choose a fabric for the base of the fans and make the quarter circles to be appliqued. After we move fabric back it will be easier to choose fabric for the sashing and border.



Stay safe and healthy while enjoying some time sewing and quilting.


No comments:

Post a Comment