Sunday, February 13, 2022

Goals and Progress

    First off, Sarah of Confessions of a Fabric Addict has turned over leadership of the Hands 2 Help challenge for 2022 to the Academic Quilter.  Sign up to participate will start soon. Find details and the schedule for activities on her recent post.

     I spent several days quilting last week and made great progress on projects which I shared in Friday's post. It also felt good to organize some scraps, orphan blocks and UFOs. In the process I found some great fabric for a couple of placemats for a cat loving friend and got them finished.

    I made block 2 of A Quilting Life's BOM and I'm using the churn dash frame pieces for leader/ender. I am loving the project and you can easily join in.


Major goals for this year are to:

  1. finish UFOs

    I quilted and bound my “Pastel Play” quilt.(photo on Friday's post)

  2. decrease stash fabric

    Stash fabric used or added:
             this past week- Used:  1.25 yds   Added: 0 yd
          So far this year- Used: 22 yds       Added: 1 yd

    3. control and use scrap fabric

    I organized some bags of scraps, orphan blocks and UFO projects. I found 29  6” finish crumb and scrap blocks in my files of old class sample blocks. I pieced 11 more from scraps and now have 40 that along with a plain alternate block will be enough for a small lap quilt.


    I used donated home decor fabric and cut up fabric and batting scraps to make 2 shelter dog beds.


  1. make charity/comfort quilts for church quilt group

    I quilted Martha's Union Square quilt. (photo on Friday's post)

     Around Christmas I was gifted 2 amaryllis bulbs. They both bloomed and then I was surprised to see a second stalk emerging on both. It is wonderful bonus to enjoy them for longer.


Stay safe and healthy while enjoying some time sewing and quilting.



No comments:

Post a Comment