Friday, February 25, 2022

Just Needs Binding

 I have spent a few days in the garden and then have been sewing on several small projects. More than a year Shabby Fabrics shared a tutorial on pocket prayer quiltsSince then my church group has made close to 300 to go in homeless care kits and to those living in an assisted living center. Our pastor also loves to share them when he visits. This week I finished 12 more. 


I finally sat down and quilted my “Seeing Stars” that was started in 2019 with Butterfly Threads Quilting. It was an interesting mystery in that you pieced block units to make up a pieced panel. My quilt is made up of 12 panels. That was a different concept for me. I quilted FM overall large swirls. Now it just needs binding.


Check out other projects on Alycia's Finished (or Not) Friday post.

Stay safe and healthy while enjoying some time sewing and quilting.


4 comments:

  1. Your mystery turned out amazing!!
    and what a great idea - a little pocket prayer quilt

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on getting the quilting done. Your Seeing Stars project is SEW lovely! I can't imagine how 12 panels is very different than making 12 big blocks. Does the design emerge when seemingly random bits are joined together?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. In the beginning you decide how large a quilt you want so you know how many panels are needed.  Each week you made that number of the units for that week such as strings of geese, large snowball star, etc.  Near the end you found out how to put all the units together into the panels. I found it interesting.

      Delete
  3. What a neat project. Congrats for the finish.

    ReplyDelete