Monday, February 7, 2022

Goals and Progress

   I happened upon Linda's blog in 2019 and loved this block of the month. 

She said she was playing and came up with it. She did not have a name, but it deserves a name. The units are triangle in a square or sometimes called dog's tooth units.

I have many of the units in blue and orange leftover after a Bonnie Hunter mystery a few years ago. I decided not to use them for the border. I love them in Linda's block.

For now I am calling the block “dog tooth stars”.

Major goals for this year are to:

  1. finish UFOs

    I quilted and bound the “Butterfly Garden” quilt which will be baby gift. It started when I pulled out 3 butterfly orphan blocks and an orphan 3D pinwheel block. So glad they have been used.

    I sandwiched my “Seeing Stars” top, 


      pieced a backing for a pastel adopted project that doesn't have a name yet and then Sunday afternoon I sandwiched it for quilting.

  2. decrease stash fabric

    Stash fabric used or added: 

             this past week- Used:   4   yds      Added: 0 yd
          So far this year- Used: 20.25 yds    Added: 1 yd

    3. control and use scrap fabric

    I worked on cutting up neutral scraps into units -2 ½”, 2 ½ by 4 ½”, 2 ½ by 6 ½. Only made a little dent.

  1. make charity/comfort quilts for church quilt group

    I finished quilting the “Ground Cover” quilt for my church group.


Stay safe and healthy while enjoying some time sewing and quilting.


1 comment:

  1. Ohh that blocks is cool - and when you change the inside it really changes the look of the blocks!

    ReplyDelete