Monday, January 24, 2022

Goals and Progress

     Before I get to my quilting, I want to share, “We had 2” of snow in West Columbia, SC”. It fell over Friday night so this was my yard Saturday morning. Previously we last had snow in 2014.

My major goals for this year are to:

  1. finish UFOs

    --progress- I added a 3” pieced border to my “Seeing Stars” 2019 mystery UFO from ButterflyThreads and used a lot of stash fabric to piece the backing. 

    --progress- I pulled out a bag of 18 Chunky Churn Dash blocks and pieced 17 alternate blocks. Here they are laid out. Bonnie Hunter revised her free pattern in February of 2017. She made 6” finished blocks. I upsized mine to 9” finished and not sure when I started making blocks.


-- progress- I pulled out a bag with 3 orphan butterfly blocks and started working on a small quilt. The tulips were inspired by “Flower Power Kids Quilt” on Midnight Quilt Show S7E4 on YouTube. I also made 2 different flowers and improvised the stem and leaves.  Coriander Quilts shared flower blocks for her Spring Brook Blossoms BOM quilt and I made one of her flowers. The 3 D pinwheel was an orphan from a quilt class many years ago. My design wall went from this -

to this -

and finally this.

I love it and I'm pleased to use the butterfly blocks. It will become a gift for a great-niece expected in March.

  1. decrease stash fabric

    Stash fabric used or added: 
            this past week- Used: 10.75 yds Added: 0 yd
             So far this year- Used: 16.25 yds Added: 1 yd      
  1. control and use scrap fabric

    Some scrap squares of various sizes and strips were used for the flower blocks in the baby quilt top.

  2. make charity/comfort quilts for church quilt group

      I didn't work on a comfort quilt .
  1. clear out unneeded items in the house I tackled a box of old school files from when I taught elementary school. It felt good to upcycle usable folders and also fun to look back at some very dated science posters about such things as the US Space program.

Stay safe and healthy while enjoying some time sewing and quilting.


1 comment:

  1. Enjoy? the snow? That is something different for yoU!
    Love that CHunky Churn dash !!!

    ReplyDelete