Friday, January 7, 2022

A Small Finish

     This first week of the new year I did some house cleaning and organizing before getting back to sewing. It took several days to get in the mood to quilt so not a fast start tackling my UFO list. Finally I quickly pieced and quilted the small version of “Stitches from the Heart” from Fat Quarter Shop. It is still free with 2 sizes. I chose to make the small one for a table top stand and I'm ready for February.  All fabric was from my stash.


     Next I pieced my Old School BOM top for a lap comfort quilt with simple sashing and border. I found the perfect navy fabric on sale. Quilting is not a priority since I have 2 comfort quilts already sandwiched and waiting for quilting, but I'm glad the top is done. Overall I enjoyed the Old School BOM. I learned a few new techniques and new quilt blocks. I especially love the last block (top left in the quilt) called “Christmas Blossom” from Little Bits of This and That blog  


Thursday I started quilting on my “Hope” quilt from G E Designs and Gudrun's 2nd quarantine QAL. Quilting is over half finished.


Hope your new year is off to a great start.

I'm linking up with Alycia for Finished (or Not) Friday

Stay safe and healthy while enjoying some time sewing and quilting.


4 comments:

  1. Ohhh that heart! Beautiful!! and now you are all ready for Valentines day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the little heart table topper! Thanks for the link!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely scrappy heart quilt, it's sweet and pretty. Beautiful Old School BOM top too, I love the block with 4 Churn Dashes!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE your heart quilt and the colors of your Christmas Bloom quilt . Great projects!

    ReplyDelete