Saturday, January 1, 2022

Reviewing Past and Looking Forward

 Happy New Year! 2022

    The beginning of a new year is my time to look back at quilt projects worked on during the past year and set goals for the new year. I started 2021 with 19 projects on my list. The oldest UFO was from 2010. As I worked and organized I pulled orphans and planned to use them in projects so my list grew; the maple leaf blocks were orphans from a 2004 finished quilt. I made good progress on those leaves but got tired of working on them each week. I think I may have enough for a lap quilt or wall-hanging. 


     Many charity/comfort quilt projects were added and finished for a total of 13. In addition 17 quilt projects of various sizes were finished for family and friends. Six new projects were started and are not yet finished. I am mostly pleased. Many times it was easier to start a simple comfort quilt project than to work on one of my old UFOs. Several are improv and my design which takes more thought as they are not from a pattern. For 2022 I've taken what was left on my list and prioritized projects by which are closest to being finished. There are 9 tops just waiting for quilting. Three more just need a border.

I'm hoping to finish several early in the new year and then tackle a more complicated UFO. As of this writing I have 20 UFOs on my list for 2022. More will probably be pulled from hidden places and added as well as new projects. My main goal is to sew up my stash of fabric. 

      Stash fabric used or added in 2021- Used: 112 yds Added: 50 yds. 
That is moving stash in the right direction; however, I hope to do better in 2022.

Hope you are ready for a wonderfully fun crafting and quilting new year.

Stay safe and healthy while enjoying some time sewing and quilting.


No comments:

Post a Comment