Friday, January 21, 2022

Small Finish and Progress

     I'm on a mission to make progress on UFOs this year. For many years I had this small square pinned to my sewing room bulletin board.

Not really a UFO since nothing was started; however, it wasn't doing any good just hanging there. I had wanted to make a small wall-hanging but decided a placemat would be more useful. Now it is finished.


     I also made progress on a larger UFO. I pulled out my “Seeing Stars” 2019 mystery UFO from ButterflyThreads and added a 3” scrappy pieced border so it will finish 78” by 87” to cover a full sized bed. I loved how the quilt is made up of 18" by 27" pieced panels. You make the number you need for the size quilt you want to make. I made 12.  Diane still offers the pattern along with others on her blog under the Free tab.

Check out projects for inspiration at Finished (or Not) Friday.

Stay safe and healthy while enjoying some time sewing and quilting.



6 comments:

  1. LOVE that Mystery quilt top!! Enjoy your fun new placemat, Elizabeth.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is a lovely feeling to be able to move long term projects towards the finish line. Cute placemat.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely placemat, great finish! I love your Seeing Stars, such a beautiful quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations! Both projects are wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those are both amazing pieces!! the Quilt with a Friend is so encouraging!!
    and you Seeing Stars - WOW!! Beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete