Friday, April 2, 2021

Yeah for a Finish

     My afternoons were spent sewing and quilting after yard work.  A church quilt group friend pieced the “Have Faith” top with blocks enlarged from the original 12” to 18”. I did the quilting and binding for the finish.


The “Have Faith” quilt pattern was shared for Hand2Help2018 by designer Jamie Elfert, who blogs at L’Fair Quilts  . You can find out more about Hand2Help2021 here

    March 1st I finished a “Winter Blues” top of all blue scraps. This week I finished the all green “Spring Greens” version.  I sewed together the 20 blocks and added a scrappy 4” border to finish at 56” by 68” which is a good comfort quilt size.


     I am enjoying the early spring flowers in my yard although frost warnings are expected for tomorrow morning. 


It is cooler than normal here for early April.  I can enjoy it though the window and I better get busy quilting more as my collection of finished tops is getting very large.    

I'm linking up with Alycia for Finished (or Not) Friday. Check out the projects and get inspired.

Stay safe and healthy while you enjoy some time sewing or quilting.

                                   Easter Blessings to All. 

5 comments:

  1. I looked up the Have Faith block from your link, and I don't know how I missed that. Wonderful quilts and thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have Faith and Spring Green!! I love these names - and they fit your quilts so perfectly!! They are both so beautiful!! I am drawn to the green one because of all the variety!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your Have Faith quilt and must go and have a look for the pattern too. So beautiful!
    Your garden is looking beautiful with lots of lovely blooms. We have the reverse happening here with the start of autumn and cooler months ahead.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice quilt finish, Elizabeth! What a pretty garden photo. LOVE that Spring Greens quilt top, too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations for two finishes!

    ReplyDelete