Monday, April 19, 2021

Week of Gardening

     It is a good thing I didn't set very many goals for quilting as this week has been spent mostly gardening. The weather has been beautiful and so are my bearded iris. Here are a couple of my prettiest of at least 6 colors blooming.


How I did-

1. Sandwich quilt for Hands2Help2021. Done. “Spring Greens” is ready to be quilted.
2. Make progress on a UFO. Not really. I pulled out my “Seeing Stars” panels but that is as far as I got.
3. Record stash fabric used or added. Used: 5 yds for backing; Added: 0

     I am really enjoying Pat Sloan's “Home Is” mystery and pieced a large section of the middle panel.  All piecing is up-to-date.


     In addition to working in my yard, I am also working in my older son's yard. The maple tree in the front yard has huge bulging roots. To try and hide them I filled in some dirt, transplanted a ground-cover (I don't know the name) and also set some hosta. Hope they will do well here and I will increase the bed.


      Most of this week will be spent in the yard and with granddaughters so I don't expect to get much sewing done.

Goals for the week of April 19th -

1. Start quilting on May wedding gift.

2. Make progress on a UFO.

3. Piece charity/comfort top.

4. Record stash fabric used or added.

Stay safe and healthy while you enjoy some time sewing or quilting.

No comments:

Post a Comment