Monday, April 26, 2021

Progress and Goals

   The week sure flew by. Partly because I spent half of it visiting family. After I got home it was back to my normal routine. It was nice to have a day of rain to work on quilting since I could not work in the yard.

    My bearded iris are healthy and have been blooming beautifully so I have more young plants to share with friends. This is “Crimson Snow”.


I am not sure it bloomed last year. Monday morning a friend is coming to get more for Master Gardeners to care for.

How I did last week -

1. Start quilting on May wedding gift. Done. Only one border needs to be quilted and then binding.

2. Make progress on a UFO. Done. At least a little was accomplished as a leader/ender project between other piecing.

3. Piece charity/comfort top. Done. Friday I shared the pieced top which used a bright jungle print as the focus fabric and it is waiting to be sandwiched for quilting. Wednesday when church quilt group meets, hopefully I will find a backing in our stash.

4. Record stash fabric used or added. Used: 0.25 Only some stash scraps were cut up for a test and sample block. Added: 0 for me; however, I purchased 7.5 yards for church quilt ministry backings.

Goals for the week of April 26th -

1. Finish May wedding quilt.

2. Finish quilt for H2H 2021.

3. Record stash fabric used or added.

4. Clean and organize a drawer.

Stay safe and healthy while you enjoy some time sewing or quilting.

No comments:

Post a Comment