Friday, April 9, 2021

Springtime Progress

    It is spring here and a wonderful time of year to enjoy working in the flower garden despite the pollen. My sinuses appreciate it if I wear a mask. The azaleas are lovely and bearded iris have started to bloom.


My time is currently split between gardening and quilting. My Jewel Box Star leader/ender blocks (Bonnie Hunter's 2018 Leader/Ender Challenge) have became a quilt top. I had sewn 4 together to create a star then planned the quilt top. I decided to added sashing to break out the stars a little more, not match so many seams and increase the size without more blocks. I plan to add a simple border on this.


While piecing this I also managed to make progress on another UFO leader/ender style.

Then I had 5 leftover large blocks plus 7 more Jewel Box Star units. I pieced another large star so that 6 can be made into a comfort lap quilt by adding sashing and borders. The remaining 3 small units will be orphans unless I decide to make mug rugs or a placemat.

I'm linking up with Sarah for Whoop, Whoop Friday. Check out the progress for inspiration.

Stay safe and healthy while you enjoy some time sewing or quilting.


3 comments:

  1. I'm sewing today on one of bonnie hunter's free patterns, lozenge. Yours is beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a gorgeous quilt this is going to be!!

    ReplyDelete