Monday, April 12, 2021

Quilt-in-a-Day Finish

     Sunday I was determined to work on a comfort quilt for Hand2Help2021. Working around virtual Sunday School and church service I was able to plan a baby quilt for Little Lambs Foundation for Kids, pull fabric from my stash, cut and sew a baby quilt. After a supper visit with my younger son, the simple quilting was finished by 9 PM for a true quilt-in-a-day finish. The top is quilting cotton 6” finish squares, the back is flannel, and the batting is low loft polyester for a very soft snuggle worthy quilt.


How I did on goals -

    1. Decide on comfort quilt patterns for Hands2Help2021. Done and a finish.

    2. Sandwich quilt that will be wedding gift. Done

       3. Record stash fabric used or added. Used: 2 ¾ yds       

                                                                     Added: 0

    4. Clean and organize a drawer. Done; sort of. I did pull out a few things to give away; however, the drawer has some old unused postcards from a trip and some odds and ends of my mother's that I don't know what I want to do with.

       I have several events on my calendar for this week that will take me away from my sewing so I am limiting goals.

Goals for week of April 12th

    1. Sandwich quilt for Hands2Help2021.

    2. Make progress on a UFO.

        3. Record stash fabric used or added.

Stay safe and healthy while you enjoy some time sewing or quilting.



1 comment: