Monday, March 29, 2021

Weekly Goals

     Writing my goals each week is helping me focus and get more done although this past week I did not get them all done.

How I did this past week-

1. Make progress on a UFO. Done. Friday I shared a photo of my assembled Plaid-ish quilt top.

2. Quilt a comfort quilt. No quilting happened.

3. Piece green scrap blocks. Done. I have 20 blocks made which will finish at 48 by 60” and I have cut pieces to add a scrappy border like I did on the blue top.


4.  Record stash fabric used or added. Added: 0 Used: ? I did a lot of piecing this week from my scrap user system so it doesn't count. I spent an afternoon sorting and organizing 3 large boxes of scraps but they are not cut up yet.

5. Clean and organize a drawer. Done.

     The highlight for me this week was meeting in the quilt room at church face-to-face (with masks) with my church quilt group instead of on Zoom. It was great to enjoy the chit chat while working together after a year of isolation.

     At home I spent several mornings in the yard. I was glad I wore a mask when I paused and saw a yellow cloud with a breeze. Pollen is very bad right now but the garden calls. After a change out of work clothes and a shower to remove any pollen from my hair, I could spend the afternoon piecing.

I have enjoyed Pat Sloan's March “Hope” challenge and now have assembled the quilt top.


I am expecting family for Easter weekend. I will not have as much time to sew so I am limiting my goals.

Again this year I am participating in Sarah's comfort quilt drive called Hands2Help2021.


She has 5 charity suggestions but you can also choose one local and special to you. She has many fabulous sponsors who supply something special for participants. Hope you check it out and join in.

Goals for the week of March 29th

1. Piece green scrap border.

2. Decide on comfort quilt patterns for Hands2Help2021.

3. Record stash fabric used or added.

4. Clean and organize a drawer.


Stay safe and healthy while you enjoy some time sewing or quilting.

No comments:

Post a Comment