Monday, March 1, 2021

Weekly Goals

      I am on a roll with finishing projects on my UFO list for this year. I have already been able to finish 6 quilts and I have 6 tops waiting to be quilted. Most of the easier finishes are done and the next few months I will be tackling more complicated projects. I am happy with the year's beginning.

How I did last week -

1. Quilt Elvira. Done. I finished and shared it on Friday's post.

2. Piece blue scrap quilt top. Done. After sewing the blocks together I decided to add a pieced border of 4 1/2” strips to make it larger. Now it waits with others for quilting.


3. Piece a couple of maple leaf blocks. I made 2 more but I am feeling I need a break from these. I only have unusual color pieces left or I have to cut more from the scraps.


4. Record stash fabric used or added. Used: 1 ½ yds  
                                                              Added: 0

5. Clean and organize a drawer. Done. I tackled a small drawer in my dresser and found many scarves I have not worn for years. Some went into the donate box but a couple did not. A few things I just can't put in the donate box yet. One is a pair of medium length cream color kid gloves that I think were my aunts. Who wears dress gloves these days? 

     So far I am keeping up with Pat Sloan's weekly “Home Is” mystery, except for some setting insert strips and a spacer block that I need to decide on fabrics for. 


 I made good progress cutting green fabric units from a box of scraps. There are still plenty more scraps to cut and organize. I find them so easy to piece into simple comfort quilts when I have a good selection of precut units.

Goals for the week of March 1st

1. Sandwich a quilt top or two.

2. Make a dent in the green and red scrap box by cutting them into units.

3. Piece “Oh My Stars” comfort quilt top.

3 Record stash fabric used or added.

4. Clean and organize a drawer.

       As we have more nice weather, I will be spending time in the garden and quilting with slow some.

  Have a great week.  Stay safe and healthy while you enjoy some time sewing or quilting.


2 comments:

  1. Yea for all the quilts you’ve already done this year. That is amazing. I really like clean one drawer goal. When I decide the fridge needs to be cleaned that’s how I do it. A shelf or a drawer at a time. It works fine and it doesnt take hours at a time. I should be thinking about doing other areas. Not this week though, said the procrastinator!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great things you got done - I am drawn to your blue Scrap quilt!! I like it!!!

    ReplyDelete