Monday, March 22, 2021

Weekly Goals

     This was a good week for sewing. Our weather turned cool again so I was not motivated to work in the garden so more got done in the house and sewing room.

How I did this past week--

1. Make progress on a UFO. Not done.  

2. Quilt a comfort quilt. Done  Photo was posted Friday.  The quilting was frustrating with many thread breaks and I didn't really find out what the problem was. I changed the needle 3 times and checked threading and tension. I did not change the thread because I did not have another spool of the same color. Hope it goes more smoothly on the next quilt.

3 Record stash fabric used or added. Used: 1 3/4 yds  

                                                            Added: 0

4. Clean and organize a drawer. Done, although all have not found a good home. I tackled the kitchen misc/junk drawer. I found many old keys that I don't know what they go or went to. Some may go to old padlocks that in the garage. Many I have no idea. There were packets of screws and various small hardware items that weren't used when things like blinds were installed. What do you do with things like that? I expect that is why they collected in the drawer.

    I caught up on Pat Sloan's March Hope block quilt. Instead of sewing one block a day, it is easier for me to sew 2 at a time change piecing leader/ender style. I laid out the blocks I had completed and chose colors to cut for the rest of the quilt.


    I am up-to-date on the “Old School' BOM. Here are my first 3 blocks. This month the lesson is on fussy cutting. I used fabric markers to help the fussy cut fabric blend better with the other fabrics I am using.


For Pat's “Home Is” mystery block each Wednesday I also used fussy cutting.


Goals for the week of March 22nd

1. Make progress on a UFO.

2. Piece green scrap blocks.

3 Record stash fabric used or added.

4. Clean and organize a drawer.


Stay safe and healthy while you enjoy some time sewing or quilting.


No comments:

Post a Comment