Monday, March 15, 2021

Weekly Goals

      The weather here has been beautiful and spring-like so several mornings I worked in the yard. Then I usually spent the afternoon on quilt projects.

How I did for the week-

1. Sandwich a quilt top. Done. Sandwiched 2 comfort quilts.

2 Record stash fabric used or added. Used: 3 ¼ yds   Added: 0

3. Clean and organize a drawer. Done I tackled an easy one. There are a couple that I am avoiding but they need to be cleaned out.

    Besides working on my goals I worked on many projects not on my list.  I seem to be avoiding UFOs this month.  I finished a set of 4 placemats for the Family Promise auction in April.  Hope someone will want them.


Then I pieced simple tops for a set of 8 butterfly placemats yet to be quilted.

One day I pieced the “Oh My Stars” quilt top that I did not get to last week.

It is an easy pattern from Pat Sloan and the second I have made.  It makes a quick comfort quilt with a special touch. 

I pieced block 10 and am caught up on Pat Sloan's “Home Is” Mystery block of the week. I love the asymmetrical setting of various size blocks.  You can still join in. 


I sewed several blocks for the “March Hope” quilt challenge to sew a block a day. I started out good but have fallen behind. I find it easier to chain piece several at a time instead of one a day so Sunday I spent time cutting block kits.

Goals for the week of March 15

1. Make progress on a UFO.

2. Quilt a comfort quilt.

3 Record stash fabric used or added.

4. Clean and organize a drawer.  Maybe a difficult one. 

Depending on the weather I also plan to spend time in the garden. 

Stay safe and healthy while you enjoy some time sewing or quilting.


No comments:

Post a Comment