Monday, September 27, 2021

Progress Feels Good

     I am pleased and surprised at how much sewing/quilting I got done last week. This week I get to spend some after school time with granddaughters but there should still be sewing/quilting time.

How I did last week:

    1. Quilt a sandwiched top. Done. I quilted another Colorworks comfort quilt and shared Friday. Because I planned to use the same light gray thread on the machine, I started quilting another comfort quilt.

    2. Make progress on a UFO. Done. I cut and sewed more 4 patches that I plan to use for Pat Sloan's free Traffic Jam quilt pattern.

    3. Organize a drawer and recycle unused items. Done and I donated box full of miscellaneous items.

Stash fabric used or added the past week- Used: 3.5 yds Added: 0 yds.

                        So far this year- Used: 95 yds Added: 25 yds

       All the blocks are pieced for my Bats and Boos wall-hanging. I don't enjoy working with lots of small pieces as the 81 in the center star block but it turned out fine. I used a few fun Halloween fabrics from my stash. I love the large eye balls in the center star.  I have a fun fabric that has been in my stash for several years I hope to use as the border.  Have to wait and see how it will look. 


Goals for the last week of September:

1. Decide on border for Bats and Boos quilt.

2. Make progress on a comfort quilt top.

3. Enjoy time with granddaughters.


Stay safe and healthy while enjoying some time sewing and quilting.

No comments:

Post a Comment