Friday, September 24, 2021

Small Finishes

      My first finish is a lap size comfort quilt for church. I did the piecing and machine quilting and another will do binding.

I did simple FM swirls all over in light gray thread.

     For a little play I used a recent pile of fall fabric scraps to make an acorn potholder. I was thinking about making more for gifts but I'm not sure I like the shape. 

   Recently I have enjoyed seeing many fall quilt projects in magazines and online. I don't need another new project; however, since I don't have one to decorate for fall, I pulled Halloween fabrics from my stash and started making blocks for Fat Quarter Shop's free Bats and BoosQuilt Along wall-hanging.

Block 1 – 4 bats are made. 

 Now I need to decide whether I want 4 pumpkins from one fabric or 4 different fabrics.

I'm linking up with Sarah for Whoop, Whoop Friday and Alycia for Finished(or Not) Friday. For fun and inspiration check out all those sharing.

Stay safe and healthy while enjoying some time sewing and quilting.


3 comments:

  1. Elizabeth, lovely quilt and that acorn is very cute. Nice bat piecing too. Happy Stitching.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Elizabeth the acorn is perfect- it would be a lovely gift 🎁
    The quilt is also very pretty. Jane

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE that comfort quilt! they way you used the color makes it soooo cool!
    and the acorn - Too cute!! very fallish!

    ReplyDelete