Monday, September 13, 2021

Progress on Weekly Goals

     Last week flew by and I stayed busy. I worked in my yard 2 mornings to get weeds and bushes under control. The mornings have been cooler and feels like fall is getting close. Wednesday was spent working in the quilt room at church. Because rooms will be renovated, we are having to move out all our material and supplies before the work. We did sandwich 5 quilt tops so they are ready to be quilted plus put together a few quilt kits that can be sewn by members at home. I brought home a few boxes of smaller pieces to be cut for kits and spent another afternoon on them. Next Wednesday we have to finish moving the rest.
A couple of afternoons I made time to finish a couple of sunflower placemats which I shared Friday.

Stash fabric used or added the past week- Used: 2 yds Added: 0 yds.
So far this year- Used: 91.5 yds Added: 25 yds

Goals for the past week:
1. Sandwich a quilt top. Maybe start quilting. Done?
I sandwiched 5 comfort tops at church ( 2 of which I had pieced) but not one of the projects for myself and family.
2. Cut scraps into units with GO cutter. Done but not enough to make a dent in the scraps.
3. Make progress piecing on a UFO. Done.
My “Seeing Stars” blocks are all together for 72” by 81”.

 It still needs a good pressing. This was a free sew along from Butterfly Threads Quilting in 2019 and is still free. I love the design and used only fabric from my stash. There were lots of seams to nest or match and I did a pretty good job. There is one place in the middle where the same fabric touches but it is okay. This size will fit a twin bed. It was not designed to have a border; however, if I add a border I could use it on my guest full size bed. 

4. Finish the fall placemats. Done One has already been given away.

Goals for this week:
1. Sandwich one of my quilt tops.
2. Cut scraps into a comfort quilt kit.
3. Make progress on a different UFO.

Hope you stay safe and healthy while enjoying some time sewing and quilting.

No comments:

Post a Comment