Monday, September 6, 2021

  I started the year with a long list of UFOs I really want to finish and not find another home for.  Another major goal for the year is to use my stash.  Until last month I was making good progress.  Now I want to get back on track. 

How I did on goals for the past week:

    1. Start quilting my “Home Is” quilt top. Finished

    2. Cut scraps into units with GO cutter and die. Not done. I got sidetracked on a fall placemat gift project. I did, however, find a GO pattern I love called “Bursting Forth”. Soooo tempting. 

     It uses die #13 which is a triangle in a square and die #15 which is the kite. I cut and pieced one block which went together easily.

         


    If I want to use different colors in the pattern, I need a grid to make a plan but that needs to take a backseat to some other projects. I really want to focus on my UFO list.

    3. Make progress piecing on a UFO. Done. I pulled a couple,  made some progress but not a lot to show yet.

      All my current projects were finished and I started looking for a UFO to quilt. I choose 2 tops, searched my stash for quilt backs but couldn't find anything suitable that I had enough of. I did not want a scrappy back. JoAnn Fabrics was having their Labor Day sale with great discounts. I had been doing so well using my stash until this weekend. I needed backing and the discounts were so tempting. I bought 2 large backing pieces plus a couple of yards just because it was a super navy blue.

Tracking stash fabric used or added the past week-

                          Used: 7.5 yds Added: 17.5 yds.

So far this year- Used: 89.5 yds Added: 25 yds

Goals for this week:

    1. Sandwich a quilt top. Maybe start quilting.

    2. Cut scraps into units with GO cutter.

    3. Make progress piecing on a UFO.

    4. Finish the fall placemats.

Hope you stay safe and healthy and enjoy some time sewing and quilting.


1 comment:

  1. I can see how that Bursting forth could make you want to make it right now! its beautiful!

    ReplyDelete