Friday, September 10, 2021

Small Finishes

    Recently I have enjoyed looking through my old quilt magazines before deciding what to recycle. The cover wall-hanging of this August 2008 issue of “Quilter's World” caught my eye.


I decided to focus on the sunflower and chickadee for placemat size. I considered placing a bird on the leaf but liked it on the flower instead. Here are my 2 finished.


They can be used as a placemat or small wall-hanging. One has already been gifted. Here is a closer look.


I found a few other fall project ideas of interest in those old magazines so I better get busy.

I'm linking up with Alycia for Finished (or Not) Friday. Check out other's projects and get inspired. I always do.

Hope you stay safe and healthy while enjoying some time sewing and quilting.


2 comments:

  1. So lovely, the little bird added really sets it off.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable!!! adn the border fabric is so perfect for this!!!

    ReplyDelete