Monday, September 20, 2021

Weekly Progress

  The weather has been cooler and feeling like fall so the garden was tempting a couple of mornings. Wednesday morning was spent at church clearing out the quilt room for renovations and another day was spent dealing with items I brought home with me. Overall I feel good about what I accomplished.

How I did last week:

    1. Sandwich one of my quilt tops. Done. I sandwiched 2.



    2. Cut scraps into a comfort quilt kit. Done. I did some cutting; however, most of my time was spent sorting pieces (mostly 4 patches and HSTs) into quilt kits. A shelf in my sewing room is much neater.

    3. Make progress on a different UFO. Done because I am counting all the 4 patches and HSTs that were sorted into quilt kits and the orphan blocks that were organized.

Stash fabric used or added the past week- Used: 0.5 yds Added: 0 yds.

             So far this year- Used: 92 yds Added: 25 yds

    I am keeping up with the Old School BOM.  September's block was mostly curve piecing which I have done before.  The designer, Yvonne, gives 2 options so I chose the most challenging of piecing the center as an inset circle. 

 I am glad she gave plenty of extra room to square to the correct size.  It would have been easier if I had read carefully at first but overconfidence caused me to spend some extra time un-sewing. I love the finished block at the top left. 


Goals for this week:

    1. Quilt a sandwiched top. (Waiting are 5 for church and 2 for myself.)

    2. Make progress on a UFO.

    3. Organize a drawer and recycle unused items.

     Cute fall quilt projects are so tempting. We will see if I can stay on track.

Hope you stay safe and healthy while enjoying some time sewing and quilting.

No comments:

Post a Comment