Monday, January 29, 2024

Loving the Progress

      The Celtic Rhapsody quilt for my son is finally finished including binding, label and hanging sleeve. I recently wondered why Ricky Tims named his quilt designs “rhapsody” quilts so I looked up the meaning of rhapsody and it made sense. Merriam-Webster says rhapsody is a musical composition of irregular form having an improvisatory character”. Ricky composes music and quilts. This quilt design is composed of both irregular forms and has an improvisatory character.


       I am participating in Alycia's QOV mystery “Stars Like Spaghetti” and step 2 is complete. I don't know Alycia's plan, but here are my blocks on the design wall. I love the possibilities.


I haven't decided which UFO to work on so I am piecing a quick comfort quilt.

Stash Report for 2024

this past week- Used: 1.125 yds Added: 0 yds
So far this year- Used: 20.475 yds Added: 4.75 yds
          Net decrease 15.725 yds


Have a great week and enjoy some time for quilting.

When life leaves you scraps, make a quilt.”


1 comment: