Monday, January 8, 2024

Off to a Great Start and First Finish of the Year

     My quilting projects for the new year are off to an amazing start. Sadly, I don't believe this can be sustained, but I'm happy with the early progress toward my yearly goals.

1. Finish UFOs
2. Reduce fabric stash
3. Control and use scrap fabric

I started with a clean craft table so was able to easily sandwich my holiday “Oh My Stars” top. The next day I quilted and bound it for the first finish of the year.

    A couple of days I added quilting to the Celtic Fantasy quilt and that leaves mainly the border to be quilted. I also did quilting on my “Traffic Jam” quilt for church. I pulled fabric from my stash and pieced backs for 3 UFOs and cut and prepared 1 binding.  Saturday I sandwiched another UFO - “June” which was a QAL in 2021 by GE Designs.

     Next I pulled some squares cut from a child's growth chart panel. I decided to piece extra blocks. Sunday afternoon I pieced the following child's quilt top and made binding.

     I have not bought any fabric but was gifted a lovely jelly roll of Asian prints. I am planning an easy project so it will not languish in my stash.

Stash Report for 2024

this past week- Used: 14.25 yds Added: 2.75 yds
So far this year- Used: 14.25 yds Added: 2.75 yds
Net decrease 11.5 yds

     Even after a busy week of working on quilt projects, the scraps have been sorted and my craft table is again clear and ready for a new week.

   Just for fun here is a collage of my major quilts finished in 2023.


Check out what other quilters are doing at Alycia's for Finished or Not Friday.

I hope your new year is off to a fabulous beginning.

Have a great week and enjoy some time for quilting.

1 comment:

  1. Wow!! you did get a lot done! take the win.. and hope you can sustain it haha!!
    THose are all fun quilts - I like how you did the growth chart one!

    ReplyDelete