Monday, January 22, 2024

Weekly Progress

     Alycia has designed a new QOV Mystery, "Stars Like Spaghetti", and it is early so you can still join in. Here are 4 of my blocks for step 1.

The directions were very clear that we were to make 7 blocks; however, as I was cutting I was carried away and cut units for 8. When I was sewing and realized I had cut too many, I just kept sewing. At least I can have a choice of blocks and save the extra block as a seed for a new quilt.

     I spent a couple of days quilting on the “Celtic Fantasy” quilt for my son. I wanted to quilt cables in the border and sketched out an idea. I did not like the corner. My sister Irene guided me to this website with many suggestions. Here are the drawings of my plans.
The website shows hand quilting but I was able to transfer the idea to machine quilting with a walking foot. I like the new corner quilting.
There still needs to be more quilting added in some areas, but the finish is getting closer.

1. Finish UFOs - Done

I used as many pieces as possible and have a finished top that is 64” by 70” which I call “ Rainbow Sherbet”. 
(Last week I shared that the construction was inspired by the “Birch Bark” quilt design.) I have 4 extra blocks that I was not able to use for the top and a very small pile of scraps. I hope to use the 4 extra blocks for a small project.

2. Reduce fabric stash - Done

A little fabric was used this week and nothing was added.

3. Control and use scrap fabric - Done

For part one of the “Stars Like Spaghetti” mystery I was able to cut all the pieces from my scraps.

Stash Report for 2024

this past week- Used: 1.25 yds Added: 0 yd
So far this year- Used: 19.35 yds Added: 4.75 yds
             Net decrease 14.6 yds


Have a great week and enjoy some time for quilting.

When life leaves you scraps, make a quilt.”



No comments:

Post a Comment