Monday, January 15, 2024

Small Finishes

      My focus the past week was finishing on small quilts for a local hospital NICU. A member of my church quilt group had pieced a top. I quickly found a backing and batting scrap and got it sandwiched. Before starting to quilt it, I decided I could quickly piece a kit that was waiting. I soon had both ready for quilting. I had a little trouble finding a binding for the first but green is okay. Here they are finished.


On the first I quilted a flowery motif.

On the second I quilted a simple continuous design.

Here is how I'm progressing on my goals:


1. Finish UFOs - Done
2 NICU finished
2. Reduce fabric stash - Done
I added a 2 yard cut found on clearance for on $2.40 a yd. I just could not resist since it will be great for a child's quilt.

I pulled fat quarters to make kid's comfort quilt kits and cut 2 NICU quilt backs and binding
3. Control and use scrap fabric - Done
My craft table remains clear of scraps.

Stash Report for 2024

this past week- Used: 3.85 yds Added: 2 yds
So far this year- Used: 18.1 yds Added: 4.75 yds
Net decrease 13.35 yds

     Sunday I pulled another UFO to work on. Really the pieces were made for a border that did not work with the center so they are becoming their own quilt.


I think I have enough for a good size throw. The units were originally inspired by a quilt design called “Birch Bark” and made from jellyroll strips plus and accent fabric.

This week I hope to get more quilting done.

Have a great week and enjoy some time for quilting.

No comments:

Post a Comment