Friday, January 26, 2024

Finished Quilting 2

      This week has been a week for quilting and I'm excited to have finished the quilting on 2. First is an adult lap size comfort quilt that is 54” by 67”.

One of the ladies in my church quilt group pieced it; however, we are not sure by whom. Here is a close up of the flower and leaves FM quilted.

     I am most excited to have the quilting finished on my son's quilt that I have named “Celtic Dragons”.


Pattern construction started in September 2022. I don't have an time estimate for the pattern construction and piecing, but I tracked some time for the triple stitch applique which is about 24 hours. Then the quilting took about 28 hours. I used Ricky Tims' Rhapsody Quilts workshop guide and his Celtic Fantasy supplement.  The quilt edge looks a little strange because I still need to hand sew the binding on the back and the hanging sleeve. This has been the most challenging quilt project I have made. I am pleased with it even though I know it is not perfect.

Check out what other quilters are making at Alycia's Finished or Not Friday post.

Have a great week and enjoy some time for quilting.

When life leaves you scraps, make a quilt.”

1 comment:

  1. Two big finishes!!!
    I LOVE your Celtic Dragons for your son!! that is a stunner!

    ReplyDelete