Monday, February 5, 2024

Staying On Track

     So far I am on track with Alycia's "Stars Like Spaghetti" QOV mystery and have all the blocks for part 3 finished. Here are the stacks of blocks for parts 1-3.

     I had a kit from church and finished piecing the top. I have seen this pattern with a couple of names. Eleanor Burns calls it ”Piece of Cake”. Someone else calls it “Garden Party”. The units are an uneven 4 patch, just like the ones created when you cut up a “Disappearing Nine Patch”. This kit was cut into 10” squares, 10 by 5” rectangles and 5” squares so could be made using a layer cake.

     When I went through my Valentine fabric box, I found a large piece of Valentine made-fabric perfect to finish into a placemat. It didn't take long.

     My guild is collecting placemats all year for Meals on Wheels clients so Sunday afternoon I played in my scraps and have 5 tops. For a couple I used some orphan paper-pieced leaves which need stems and veins stitched.





Stash Report for 2024

this past week- Used: 3.375 yds Added: 0 yds
So far this year- Used: 23.85 yds Added: 4.75 yds
Net decrease 19.1 yds

     I'm not sure which UFO I will work on next. I have one sandwiched to quilt and a comfort quilt in the process of being quilted.

Have a great week and enjoy some time for quilting.

When life leaves you scraps, make a quilt.”


1 comment:

  1. Yay for keeping up with the clues!!! You have a ton of great projects going on!!!

    ReplyDelete