Monday, February 19, 2024

A Little Progress Is Good Enough

      Where did the time go this past week​? I am not sure; however, as I look at my calendar, I see. I worked in my yard 2 mornings, had quilt group at church one morning and Women of the Church activities a few mornings. So that is why I didn't spend much time sewing or quilting.

     Wednesday at church quilt group, we put together the blocks for the center of our “Faux Feathered Star” (free from Fat Quarter Shop).

This is a joint project and we are making ours totally out of upcycled cotton shirts that were donated. I used EQ to plan a layout with extra borders so that it will finish at 52” by 64”. There is one more narrow plain border to be added and the top will be finished. I am loving it and would like to make one for myself.

      Sunday afternoon I pieced the blocks for Step 5 of Alycia's “Stars Like Spaghetti” QOV mystery so I am on track and loving the blocks.


Stash Report for 2​024

this past week- Used: 1.25 yds Added: 0 yds
So far this year- Used: 26.1 yds Added: 4.75 yds
Net decrease 21.35 yds

      I don't expect to get much quilting done this week because I will be meeting 2 of my sisters for our trip to Quilt Con. I know we will have lots of fun, plus I hope to share some great quilt photos next week.


Have a great week and enjoy some time for quilting.

When life leaves you scraps, make a quilt.”


1 comment:

  1. Your feathered star is beautiful! I need to look at that pattern, happy stitching!

    ReplyDelete