Monday, February 12, 2024

     I started last week with work on small projects and ended with a nice comfort quilt finish. At least my part is done. I pieced the top using Pat Sloan's free “Traffic Jam” pattern with the addition of a row of blocks so it would finish as a rectangle. I finished the quilting and will let a church quilt group member stitch the binding.


     Part 4 of “Stars Like Spaghetti” QOV mystery was posted. Since we only made 2 blocks, it was fast to complete and keep on track. I'm looking forward to seeing how the variety of blocks will go together. I'm sure Alycia has a great plan. I will be excited to get the top together. My guild is presenting 5 QOVs the end of February so I'm sure they will appreciate the top as soon as it is finished.


    My checkbook cover was looking sad so I decided to make a new one. I used an easy tutorial from Crazymomquilts.blogspot.com. I used some purple "made-fabric",  added fusible interfacing and did some quilting /embellishing with decorative stitches before assembly.

       

The 3 green placemats for guild have been quilted and finished.  I simply used the walking foot and serpentine stitch. 


Stash Report for 2024

this past week- Used: 1 yd Added: 0 yds
So far this year- Used: 24.85 yds Added: 4.75 yds
         Net decrease 20.1 yds

     It would be great to make as much progress every week; however, that is probably expecting too much.

   I'm going to Quilt Con 2024.  I will be going with 2 sisters and a niece.  I also plan to meet up with another quilt friend.  I expect a fun couple of days.  Less than 2 weeks away.  


  

Have a great week and enjoy some time for quilting.

When life leaves you scraps, make a quilt.”


No comments:

Post a Comment