Monday, October 30, 2023

Project Update and Weekly Goals


     This time of year I am happy to make requested Halloween costumes for GDs although that may be coming to an end as they age. I enjoy making and giving handmade items for Christmas and other occasions so that is how I spent most of my week.

This is how I did on last week's goals:

1. Quilt more on “Celtic Fantasy”. Done .
I quilted for 2 hours Monday, There is lots more to be done.
2. Sew Christmas gifts. Done
I made 2 pillowcases, 2 Christmas soft books from panels 
 
  




and 2 microwave bowl cozies.

3. Sew charity quilt project. Done.
I pieced the center of a 3 yd “It's a Snap” quilt.
A friend from church pieced “Stepping Up” blocks and I pieced them into a top.

Stash Report for 2023

this past week- Used: 2 yds Added: 0 yds
So far this year- Used: 87.01 yds Added: 40 yds
Net decrease 48.01 yds

     I have only been counting cotton quilting fabric in my yardage used; however, I want to note that I am also working to reduce other fabric yardage. GD Lily is in a school musical and there was a recent call for items to use in the show. I found scraps and yardage of suggested fabrics, ribbon and lace they can use.

    GD Lily tried on her Dorothy costume and it fit well after a minor adjustment.  * (update) She got her basket and red shoes.  Halloween was also Book Character Day so she wore her outfit to school.

 I also made her dog a lion mane for his costume. They were so cute together.


Goals for this week:

1. Quilt more on “Celtic Fantasy”.
2. Finish charity top
3. Work on more small gifts

Have a great week and enjoy some time for quilting.

No comments:

Post a Comment