Monday, October 16, 2023

Goals and Progress

      I had great intentions to make a lot of progress quilting on the Celtic Fantasy quilt; however, health took a hit.

This is how I did on last week's goal:

    1. Quilt more on “Celtic Fantasy”. Done.

Early in the week I finished echo quilting the Celtic motifs in the outside purple areas. Then I got a cold virus and didn't feel like wrestling a big quilt so it stalled. Here is what the top looks like. I have not yet echoed the dragons.

I decided to pull a small UFO to quilt and worked on quilting the “Dancing Garland” wall-hanging. I only need to quilt the white background.


      I was still not feeling up to a big project so found a cute snowman mini quilt pattern. I pulled from my stash and made 2 versions since I couldn't decide which group of fabrics I liked best. The snowman is all fusible except for the background and borders. I did machine blanket stitching around the pieces. I still need to hand embroider a mouth on each. Then they will be ready to sandwich and quilt a little.


Stash Report for 2023

this past week- Used: 1 yd Added: 0 yds
So far this year- Used: 81.51 yds Added: 40 yds
Net decrease 42.51 yds

I am hoping to feel much better this week and get a lot more quilting done.

Goals for this week

1. Quilt more on “Celtic Fantasy”.
2. Finish quilting the “Dancing Garland” wall-hanging.
3. Quilt the snowman mini quilts.

Have a great week and enjoy some time for quilting.

3 comments:

  1. Both of those snowmen are so cute! You are wise to tackle smaller projects if you aren't feeling well, you accomplished a lot, happy stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you feel better soon !
    That Celtic quilt is quite the stunner. and i love the tree and the snowmen - so very cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was sick too and didn't get anything done. Your snowmen are adorable.

    ReplyDelete