Monday, October 2, 2023

Progress and Goals

      I love this time of year when the mornings are cooler so it is a wonderful time spend in the yard doing fall maintenance. I still have some flower beds and vegetable garden chores to be done. Then I can rest and work on quilt projects in the afternoons. That is what I plan to do as much as I can this week.

Here is how I did on last week's goals.

1. Quilt more on “Celtic Fantasy”. Done.
I quilted on it a couple of afternoons. There is still a lot to do.

2. Make progress on a UFO. Done.

I pulled a comfort/ charity quilt top that was ready for quilting. I did a simple meander on the center panel and stitch-in-the-ditch for borders. Right now it doesn't lay very flat but hope it will lay better after more quilting.

3. Work on fall theme mug rugs for homebound. Done.

I have 14 in various stages of almost done with 3 totally finished. On mug rugs I prefer to finish them with the pillowcase technique so no binding.

Stash Report for 2023

this past week-    Used:     1.3 yds    Added: 0 yds
So far this year- Used: 80.51 yds   Added: 40 yds
             Net decrease 41.51 yds

Goals for this week:

1. Quilt more on “Celtic Fantasy”.
2. Finish quilting charity/ comfort quilt.
3. Finish all fall theme mug rugs for homebound.

      On a regular basis I am tempted by lovely fall quilting patterns.  Recently I have resisted starting a new project.  I hope I can continue and make much more progress on finishing UFOs and using my stash of fabrics. 

Have a great week and enjoy some time for quilting.

No comments:

Post a Comment