Friday, October 20, 2023

Friday Finishes

      This has been a great week for finishing small quilt projects. Early in the week I put the finishing touches on mini tabletop quilts. I couldn't decide on which fabrics to use so made 2. I will keep one and give the other away. I hope I will be able to choose one. The pattern is “All Bundled Up” from The Wooden Bear.  I love what the 3D yarn adds to the little quilts. Next time I use the pattern, I hope I remember to quilt the snowmen before adding the 3D yarn on the hat and scarf. The pattern tells you to quilt first but I got carried away with applique stitching and didn't pay attention.

     Next I finally quilted and finished the second Dancing Garland wall-hanging. This one is for me. You can still get the free pattern here.  

     I FM quilted a continuous design on the tree and then FM quilted  Leah Day's “Echo Shortcut” motif in the background. I did not put up a Christmas tree last year and this wall-hanging will be my tree this year.  I'm considering sewing on buttons from which to hang mini ornaments. 

    It feels great to finish projects. I hope I can finish a few more before the end of the year. I have too many quilt tops waiting for quilting.

Check out some inspiration at Alycia's Finished (or Not) Friday.

Have a great week and enjoy some time for quilting.

2 comments:

  1. Congrats! Already working on Christmas things. It’s a splendid idea, but I seem to be always behind or after the fact! Sigh!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh these are both so wonderful !! I love those happy snowmen - and that tree is amazing!!! What fun you will have decorating this year!

    ReplyDelete