Monday, October 9, 2023

Comfort Quilt Finish

    It is Monday and the start of a new week so I'm looking back at last week's projects and planning for the new.  I like to keep one charity project and one of my own projects going. I still have plenty of quilting work to do on my son's Celtic Fantasy quilt. I finished the wildlife charity quilt so I'm thinking on what charity project to work on. 

This is how I did for the past week:

1. Quilt more on “Celtic Fantasy”. Done but just a little.

It is tedious work with a lot of stops and starts that I mostly avoided for something more fun. I wish I could get more excited to work on it because I know it will be special when finished.
2. Finish quilting charity/ comfort quilt. Done.
Last week I shared progress on this quilt and it wasn't laying very flat. With more quilting it lays better. I used leftover binding pieces for a scrappy binding of browns and blacks.
I used several FM motifs in the borders. 

 They show up better on the back.

3. Finish all fall theme mug rugs for homebound. Done.
I made more than needed for the homebound so a few with be small birthday gifts.
I decided as an afterthought that a few needed something so added silk leaves and stitched veins to attach them. Here is the before and after on one. 

Most of my time was spent on quilting.  Sewing used only scraps so my stash report did not change.

Goals for this week:

1. Quilt more on “Celtic Fantasy”.
2. Work on a new charity project.

Have a great week and enjoy some time for quilting.

No comments:

Post a Comment