Monday, November 6, 2023

Weekly Update and Goals

      Mornings were unusually chilly here last week so that was a great time to stay inside and sew. I worked on lots of small projects and got some quilting done.  I enjoy giving handmade gifts and that makes good use of my fabric stash.

This is how I did on last's week goals:
1. Quilt more on “Celtic Fantasy”. Done.
I quilted about 3 hours on it. Making good progress. Echo quilting around all the applique is done. 

2. Finish charity top. Done
I added the borders onto “It's a Snap” for a finished top.

3. Work on more small gifts. Done.
I finished another panel soft book, another 2 pairs of microwave bowl cozies, and a set of 4 placemats.

I finished 2 more pillowcases for Meals on Wheels clients for Christmas and cut 3 more pillowcase kits.

     While searching my stash for pillowcase fabrics, I also discovered a few forgotten projects and fabric. It was the perfect time to do some organizing and decluttering. It felt good. I need to plan projects to use scraps and precut fabric units such as 3 ½ “ squares which are overflowing. Maybe a Scrappy Trip Around the World is in the future.

Stash Report for 2023

this past week- Used: 6.66 yds Added: 2 yds
So far this year- Used: 93.67 yds Added: 42 yds
Net decrease 51.67 yds

Goals for this week:

1. Quilt more on “Celtic Fantasy”.
2. Quilt a charity top
3. Make a few more small gifts

Have a great week and enjoy some time for quilting.


1 comment: