Monday, November 27, 2023

Mug Rugs Finished and Goals

        The weather was perfect for Thanksgiving Day and I enjoyed visiting with the crowd of 31 family members. I am thankful my brother and his wife hosted. All my siblings were able to be there. It was a very special day. I hope you had a wonderful holiday. After family guests went home, I was able to do some quilting.

How I did on last week's goals:
1. Quilt more on “Celtic Fantasy”. Done.
Sunday afternoon after the holiday celebrations were over, I quilted a couple of hours. I struggled deciding how to quilt the black area. I finally sketched a motif I was happy with. I practiced on a fat quarter sample.

I also marked registration lines for the center. I quilted with purple thread so it only shows a little and you probably can't see it in the photo.

2. Finish some snow people mug rugs. Done.
I didn't think I would get them all done so fast. I got carried away with making mug rugs and finished 29. All except one are on their way to their new homes. It was great to use up some scraps of fabric and smaller pieces of batting as well as some large holiday prints for backings.

Stash Report for 2023

this past week-   Used:   2.5 yds     Added: 0 yds
So far this year- Used: 102.42yds   Added: 42 yds
Net decrease 60.42 yds

Goals for this week:

  1. Quilt more on “Celtic Fantasy”.
  2. Start quilting a charity quilt.

Have a great week and enjoy some time for quilting.

No comments:

Post a Comment