Monday, November 20, 2023

Lots of Mug Rugs In Progress

       I love this time of year with cooler temperatures, fall colors and family holiday gatherings. I am looking forward to Thanksgiving this week. Family time takes priority then quilting projects second so I don't expect to get a lot of sewing/quilting time and that's okay.

Here is how I did on last week's goals:

1. Make a few more small gifts. Done.

When I was looking through my stash of Christmas fabric for a border fabric for “Oh My Star”, I pulled a fabric with squares of adorable snow characters. 

 I especially love the snowlady with quilts on her arms and thought it would make great mug rugs for quilting friends. I have pieced 12 snowlady tops

and 12 snowman tops.

2. Finish piecing Christmas “Oh My Stars” top. Done.

The top is finished. I thought about adding another border but could not find a fabric that I thought looked good so the quilt will just be small. It is a free Pat Sloan pattern and she has directions for a wider border than the basic pattern.  I made the outer border an extra inch wider than that. 

3. Quilt more on “Celtic Fantasy”. Not Done. 

I should not have listed this as a goal since I knew I had a lot on my schedule plus a long weekend trip to visit family.

Stash Report for 2023

this past week- Used: 4.25 yds Added: 0 yds
So far this year- Used: 99.92 yds Added: 42 yds
Net decrease 57.92 yds

     I'm expecting family Wednesday afternoon through Friday so no sewing will happen during that time. I hope to get a little done today and tomorrow.

Goals for this week:

  1. Quilt more on “Celtic Fantasy”.
  2. Finish some snow people mug rugs



Have a Happy Thanksgiving.



1 comment: