Monday, November 13, 2023

Progress - Not So Much

     Time flew by last week and I don't have much to show for it. I had the car at the shop one day, an electrician at the house an afternoon and 2 morning meetings plus church quilt group day Wednesday so I didn't get to much quilting at home.  

Here's how I did on last week's goals:

1. Quilt more on “Celtic Fantasy”. Not Done.

I spent some time trying out quilting motifs for areas with special Dragon Con fabric and no applique. I like to practice on paper or plastic before I start FMQ.  Here is a sketch from my planning.

2. Quilt a charity top Not Done

I did not want to change the color thread on the machine so did not quilt.

3. Make a few more small gifts Done

I did get more small gifts made and may make a couple more.

      For church quilt group day we sewed colorful pillowcases to give Meals On Wheels clients for Christmas. We got 17 finished and plan to finish a few more this week.

     Thursday Pat Sloan started an “Oh My Star” QAL. I have made one before and like her pattern. . Last year I was given 2 Christmas charm packs so I decided to use them to make this quick holiday lap quilt. By Sunday afternoon I had half the rows sewn together.


Stash Report for 2023

this past week-   Used: 2 yd Added: 0 yds
So far this year- Used: 95.67 yds Added: 42 yds
               Net decrease 53.67 yds

     This week my calendar if packed with obligations plus some fun plans which means I may not get a lot of quilting done. That's okay because the holidays are getting close and sewing/quilting time takes a back seat. I hope you are preparing for some special holiday time.

Goals for this week

1. Make a few more small gifts
2. Finish piecing Christmas “Oh My Stars” top
3. Quilt more on “Celtic Fantasy”.

Have a great week and enjoy some time quilting or having fun.


No comments:

Post a Comment