Monday, December 4, 2023

Progress and Weekly Goals

    I hope you are enjoying this busy, hectic time of year. Sunday I accomplished minimal decorating as I changed out my fall wall-hangings for holiday ones including a couple of newer ones – the small snowman and the “Dancing Garland” tree plus the older Santa Block Exchange.

This is how I did on last week's goals:
1. Quilt more on “Celtic Fantasy”. Not Done.
Instead I focused on a charity quilt.

2.  Start quilting a charity quilt. Done.

I quilted this star burst quilt which is a variation of the “Bursting Forth” pattern - a kaleidoscope variation. I used Accuquilt GO dies 13 and 15 to cut the pieces and used scraps from my church stash. I quilted with a light gray thread for low contrast so the FM quilting doesn't show very much in the photo.

     I finally added the borders on to my crumb top. A backing is pieced and all is waiting to be sandwiched.  I love the scrappiness of  all the blocks and the border.  


     I sewed 20 coffee gift bags. My church sells Cafe Justo coffee which is a grower owned Coffee Cooperative based in southern Chiapas Mexico, formed to address the poverty and migration from Mexico to the U.S.A.. During December if you buy 10 bags, you get one free bag and a colorful gift-bag for each.

      With all the sales I could not resist and bought fabric. Some was for charity backings which doesn't go into my stash but then I added 2 pieces to my stash. Both are for specific projects so I hope they will not be lingering in my stash. I have been wanting to make the Jelly Snowflake quilt from Fat Quarter Shop in 2020 and now have the fabric for it.

Stash Report for 2023

this past week- Used: 1.75 yds Added: 8 yds
So far this year- Used: 104.17 yds Added: 50 yds
Net decrease 54.17 yds

Goals for this week

1. Make progress on a UFO.

With holiday happenings I don't expect to get a lot of sewing done this week.

Hope you have a great week and enjoy some time for quilting.


No comments:

Post a Comment